Victor Moses Should Decide If He Wants to Play Football Or Not – Keshi

Nigeria Head coach, Stephen Keshi has explain why he left out Victor Moses from Nigeria’s AFCON 2015 qualifiers against Congo and South Africa because the forward has lost form.

Victor Moses, who has joined English
Premier League side Stoke City was
conspicuously missing from Keshi’s 23-
man squad released on Tuesday for next
month’s AFCON qualifiers against Congo
and South Africa.
“I watched Victor Moses at Chelsea’s pre-
season and he seemed to be struggling as
he had limited play time with the club,”
Keshi told only AfricanFootball.com
“Now that he has joined Stoke City, I
think he needs time to get back to the
player we know him to be.
“I think it’s time he made up his mind
what he wants, if he wants to play football
or not.”

After emerging as one of Nigeria’s top
stars at last year’s Africa Cup of Nations in
South Africa, Victor Moses missed the FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil on account of injury, before he struggled to make an impact at the recent World Cup.
Last season, he endured a torried time at
Liverpool after he was shipped out on
loan by Chelsea and this season, he has
again been released on loan to Stoke City
as he does not figure in Jose Mourinho’s
plans.

I Respect Jonathan A Lot – Amaechi

Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State,
on Tuesday, said the present war against
insurgency will not stop unless the
Federal Government was ready to tackle
it head-on, saying the Federal
Government institutions have stolen all
the money meant for human and
infrastructural development in the
country.
This is as the governor denied any rift
with President Goodluck Jonathan, saying:
“We are not quarrelling, we just have
disagreement on how to govern the
country. I have huge respect for him. He
is the Commander in Chief of the Armed
Forces and he should be the only person
to tell us how to bring Chibok girls back.”
Amaechi, who indicted the Presidency of
inciting Muslims and Christians against
one another in an attempt to win election
by all means come 2015, stated this when
he featured on a Kaduna-based Liberty
Radio weekly programme, ‘Guest of the
week’.
According to him, until the Federal
Government is ready to first, tackle the
underline factors, which include
corruption, education and poverty, ending
the insurgency would continued to be a
mirage.
According to him, ‘if the Federal
Government could support military
through intelligence gathering, which has
helped in combating militancy in Rivers
State and other states in the region, it
would be a good beginning to end the
menace.
He added that there was the need for the
government to work with everybody,
especially the locals in order to know who
and where the insurgents live, reiterating
that it was the failure of the government
in the first place.
Using the Niger-Delta militancy as a case
study, he said, “It took me just two
months to deal with militancy in Port
Harcourt and if a state could achieve that
within that space of time, how much
more the Federal Government that has
everything it needed at its disposal.
“The earlier the Federal Government
stops inciting Muslims against Christians
in order to win election, the better for
Nigeria.
“Killing militants was not the solution to
the militancy. So we began with
infrastructure and give them economic
livelihood because when they know that
when they go out, they earn some
money, they will not have time to
perpetrate evil of this magnitude.

Daily Independent

Nigeria Invites 23 For Qualifiers

Cup holders; Nigeria have called up 23
players, including ace goalkeeper Vincent
Enyeama, for next month’s 2015 Africa
Cup of Nations qualifying matches against
the Red Devils of Congo and South
Africa’s Bafana Bafana.

The list released by the Nigeria Football
Federation on Tuesday also included
defenders; Kenneth Omeruo and Efe
Ambrose, midfielders; Ogenyi Onazi and
John Mike Obi, and forwards; Ahmed
Musa and Emmanuel Emenike.
France -based Elderson Echiejile, who
missed the 2014 FIFA World Cup as a
result of injury, Nosa Igiebor who missed
the final cut for Brazil and Chinedu Obasi
who was not considered for the
tournament, are all back for September’s
double -header.

Onazi, the midfield powerhouse who
suffered a terrible injury in the Round of
16 defeat by France, is now fully
recovered, but Michael Babatunde, who
was stretchered out against Argentina
after a hand injury, is left out.
Home -based quartet; Chigozie Agbim,
Azubuike Egwuekwe, Kunle Odunlami and
Gbolahan Salami who were part of
Nigeria’s third place finish at the African
Nations Championship in Cape Town
earlier in the year, were also invited.
They are joined by Enugu Rangers’
marksman Christian Osaguona as the lot
from the domestic League.
Nigeria play Congo’s Red Devils – restored
to the race after conquerors Rwanda
were found guilty of using an ineligible
player – in Calabar on September 6,
before flying to Cape Town to take on the
Bafana Bafana on September 10.

THE FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Lille
OSC, France); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er
Sheva, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Gombe
United, Nigeria)

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (Monaco
FC, France); Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC,
Israel); Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland);
Godfrey Oboabona (Rizespor FC, Turkey);
Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves,
Nigeria); Kenneth Omeruo
(Middlesbrough FC, England); Kunle
Odunlami (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC,
England); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy);
Ramon Azeez (Almeria FC, Spain); Joel Obi
(Inter Milan, Italy); Nosa Igiebor (Real
Betis, Spain); Omatsone Aluko (Hull City,
England)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow,
Russia); Emmanuel Emenike (Fenerbahce
FC, Turkey); Chinedu Obasi (Schalke 04,
Germany); Uche Nwofor (Heerenveen FC,
Netherlands); Nnamdi Oduamadi (AS
Varese 1910, Italy); Gbolahan Salami
(Warri Wolves); Christian Osaguona
(Enugu Rangers).

Daily Trust.

Follow us on
And

Ebola – Two Nigerians Tested In Vietnam

IMG-20140727-WA0001

Vietnam is testing two Nigerians for the deadly Ebola virus after they arrived on a flight to Ho Chi Minh City showing symptoms of fever.

The pair were displaying no other symptoms but have been sent to the southern city’s Tropical Diseases Hospital for isolation, the country’s health ministry said in a statement released late Tuesday.

Airline passengers sitting next to the pair – who travelled to Vietnam on Monday from Nigeria via Qatar – have been advised to monitor their health conditions.

Vietnam has introduced mandatory temperature checks at its two major international airports in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in a bid to prevent passengers bringing the deadly virus into the country.

The global death toll from Ebola stands at 1229, with the bulk of cases in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.

The medical charity MSF has said the outbreak is moving faster than aid organisations can handle, while the World Health Organization said the scale of the epidemic had been vastly underestimated.